Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Porto Bodega Marina

Driving up to the Bodega Head was fun... but the parking lot is small.... and filled up rather quickly! It was a bit crowded due to the Summer time visitors. I'll have to revisit again in sometime in the Fall.

So I decided to drive back down the hill and over to the Marina. Didn't find anything that caught my attention at Spud Point Marina but found a nice spot at the Porto Bodega Marina. I had set up my gear .... and it suddenly started to RAIN! Typical weather along this part of the coast.... So I packed up, parked and painted some studies from my car. 

(top) View at the entrance of  Marina - a boat parked in front of large lush trees. 
(bottom) Squeezed in one more study of a hillside behind one of the vacation homes.
(Gouache studies 4"x6" each in sketchbook) 

Well that was my plein air adventure along the northern California coast! 
I may try for another farm or maybe winery next paintout :)

No comments:

Gerald's Sketch Cards

Click HERE! Related Posts with Thumbnails