Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Erwin Haya, aka "OneSickIndividual"
Debra Chow, aka "Flaring Nostrils"
1) Many have noticed I use watercolors a lot in my travel sketches and art work. I practically take my Winsor Newton watercolor travel set everywhere I go. However, I didn't always like this medium - I actually got a "D+" in my watercolor class in College!
2) I've already mentioned in previous posts that I'm a big Star Wars nerd, and as a kid I've always wanted to meet George Lucas. Of all places, I met him for the first time at a Borders Bookstore. I was super nervous and really didn't want to bother him (LIAR!!!), but he was kind enough to sign a Star Wars: Episode III (making of) book for me.
3) I owned two Takara's Kronoform robot watches when I was a kid. Why two? I broke my first one and requested another one for my birthday. Did anyone else own one of these? (sound of crickets). Click here for commercial.
4) I wish I was a good chef. I tend to overcook my meals. Probably the reason why I favor thin crust pizza.
5) I've never finished filling up a single sketchbook. I tend to hop around different sizes. But...I'm 14 pages away from filling up my Fabriano Classic Artist's Journal (3 years in the making).
6) One day I will own a Cintiq or a snazzy Axiotron Modbook.
7) I hate doing bills!
(Exhaling) That took some effort to write up 7 silly facts about myself?! Now for the best part....tagging 7-9 other creative individuals. Alrighty....Let's keep the mo-jo flowing into the new year....drum roll please.
1.) Shou "life/shou" (USA)
2.) Bogar Chancay "Obramia" (Ecuador)
3.) John Hoffman "MonkeyFeather" (USA)
4.) Christina Dee (Canada)
5.) Willie Barronet "Rrramone" (USA)
6.) Pete Scully (USA)
7.) Nathan Baird "Labsquad" (USA)
8.) John Deckert (USA)
9.) AG "Preaque Art" (Singapore)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
This sketch was done at the cemetary where the legendary Bruce Lee and his son, Brandon, were buried. It was somewhat exciting, yet a bit sad being there. But I was glad I took the time to pay my respects.
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Continuing on our trip around San Francisco, and I as the tour guide, Josh and I hung out at ILM (Industrial Light & Magic). After geeking out, we sat down to do some sketching. Josh was sketching a Wookie head shot, while I sketched the life-size Boba Fett on display
Inspired by our ILM visit, we decided to collaborate on an ARC trooper (Advance Recon Clone Trooper). Josh laid down a blue pencil sketch, I added a couple layers of watercolor for color & texture, Josh inked it, then I tweaked the whole thing in Photoshop. All that for one sketch? LOL. The process went rather quickly...less than an hour.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Fortunately, we arrived at the meeting point just in time. The group was still ordering coffee and chatting outside. I managed to meet up with Enrico to receive my "Venice Chronicles" book with a special watercolor plate inside! (that is definitely getting framed)
Some sketchers decided to crawl elsewhere, but a group of us decided to stay and and sketch outside of Que-tal Cafe.
Here's my first sketch of the day... just at the corner of 23rd and Guerrero. The person sketching in the front, with the "shell-toe" Adidas is the talented Pete Scully (from Davis).
Sitting at the corner block gave me the opportunity to meet Kenny. I can't believe he traveled from Concord? But glad he made it out for his first Sketchcrawl Session.
I was approached by several passer-by's inquiring why there were so many people sketching today? So I referred them to the forum for more info...hopefully we'll see some new faces at the next crawl?
Upon wrapping up, I ran into Nancy Lorenz and her friend Sybil. Nancy is the talented person that created caricature (felt material) characters at the end of Enrico's "Venice Chronicles". Check it out!
After packing up, Josh and I tried to meet up with another group...but ended up getting lost. We ran into Vern and Rick on Mission St. They traveled all the way from Walnut Creek (just like Kenny). Along the way we came across Jackie and her cool bike. We joined her for lunch at a delicious Taqueria' that she highly recommended. She was right....The burrito's were filling!
After lunch, Josh remembered spotting some lucha libre masks a block away. So we decided to tackle the challenge of drawing as many as we could.
As always, great to meet everyone during the crawl. I'll either catch up with you again at Ape-Con or at Sketchcrawl #21. Thanks.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Friday, October 03, 2008
This book will definitely be a great addition to your bookshelves and coffee tables.
The Venice Chronicles - a travelogue in pencil, watercolor and varying shades of silliness. Hardcover,144 full-color pages, by Pixar artist Enrico Casarosa. Take a stroll through the side streets and canals of Venice in this colorful graphic novel, meeting at the intersection between Carnet De Voyage and Love Story.
(all posted images were created and belong to Enrico Casarosa)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
After a large bowl of Pho, I warmed up with a couple sharpie sketches of 2 people eating at nearby tables. They didn't look too thrilled with what they ordered for dinner?
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
This is from a previous 1-1/2 hour ferry ride. I may color this up in the future.
This is an oldie....I think from an old army book. Why didn't I finish it? Arrrrrrg!