Monday, September 29, 2014

Plein Air - Tomales, Ca (Progress Shot)


Rain was in the forecast this past week. And this afternoon showcased lots clouds in the sky. While driving up Highway-1 towards Tomales, the overcast burned off and the rolling hills were brightly lit. But a particular hillside caught my eye so I decided to pull over and scope it out.

Such a great view with a creek along the left side and a handful of barns to the right!

Once my gear was set, I quickly penciled in my layout and immediately started painting the sky. I wanted to work fast because (through experience) once those clouds move in, they will cast numerous shadows over my view.

Luckily for me... today's weather stayed clear of rain and the wind was minimal.

Stay tuned for the finished painting in my next post!



No comments:

Gerald's Sketch Cards

Click HERE! Related Posts with Thumbnails