Friday, April 10, 2009

Progression

Being the first artist was a little intimidating. Open the book and it's the first thing you see! Late in the process, I decided to scrap the idea of a landscape painting. Instead, I wanted to inspire... but at the same time...convey a message for each artist that opens the book for the very first time. Getting in there and and attacking those pages! Blessing each blank page with their creative minds and talent. Then came the idea of the first 2 pages being seen as one huge entrance way. At the same time, a bold warrior is pointing towards the massive door, telling you:

"Get in there...and DRAW!!!"


Stay tuned, up next.....Inking :D

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your finish artworks!

Amy C said...

oooh fun stuff, I don't know if I would have liked being the first artist in the book!
I look forward to seeing the ink process, keep us posted.
Happy Easter

craig said...

Looking good Gerald! Nice

Josh Frost said...

It's about time man!.. Haha no it was worth the wait good job!

- Josh

yoon see said...

Wow! You are the frist artist to start Gerald! I am so proud of you, will come back for your finish works:)

Alex said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my sketchblog.
I'll sketch on my moleskine sketchbook still, but I'll do water coloring on a different watercolor moleskine. ^^ I love your work too!

Gerald's Sketch Cards

Click HERE! Related Posts with Thumbnails