Friday, October 23, 2009

1st Annual Sacramento Capitol Plein Air Festival - painting 2


I was driving around the California State Capitol area to scout my next location to paint for another day and noticed the pink and purple skies! So I decided to park near the State Capitol fountain and see how much I could capture the Tower Bridge off in the distance.

This painting started of a lot lighter in areas of the trees. But with the sun practically setting I kept going darker and darker....and everything eventually became a silhouette.

Both paintings will be on display and available for purchase at the Capitol Art Center, 1200 South St. (corner of S and 12th St.) in downtown Sacramento.

1 comment:

craig said...

really diggin the color you captured Gerald.

Gerald's Sketch Cards

Click HERE! Related Posts with Thumbnails